Boat Parks – Conditions of Use:
Any person or persons who place a boat on the Club’s leased land for storage are deemed to have accepted these conditions of use, now set out.
The three Canterbury yacht clubs that offer boat storage on club land are each having an ongoing problem with club land being used to store boats that are never used at the club. Although most of the owners pay the required fee, their boats are occupying space that is in demand by other members who wish to sail at the club on a regular basis and need to be able to store their boats at the club to be able to do this. Onsite boat storage is a critical factor in the growth of MPYC, so the committee need to take action to manage this situation. Once the boat parking area is full, owners of boats that have not been sailed at the club in the previous 12 months will be asked to remove their boat from the park.
- Boat storage on the Club’s leased land, both covered or uncovered, is available only for fully paid up members of the Club WHO SAIL AT THE CLUB ON A REGULAR BASIS.
- The management committee require that anybody with a boat stored in the park must pay a Full Sailing Membership fee, either senior or junior as appropriate plus Boat park fees.
- Boats must be left on the allocated park. The Facilities or Membership Secretary may reallocate Boat Parks
- If membership subscriptions and boat park fees are not paid by the due date, then the management committee may, at its sole discretion, remove the boat to a nominated place. The management committee will give notice to the last known owner of the boat at their last known address advising the date of removal, the nominated place where it will be stored, and the costs to be paid by the owner before the boat can be released.
- Neither the Club nor any member of the management committee will be responsible for loss or damage to any boat or equipment arising directly or indirectly from the storage or removal of the boat.
- The owner must inspect their boat regularly and keep the cover and tie downs in good order.
- It is the owners’ responsibility to keep the boat and cover securely tied down to the ground when the boat is parked. This is to restrict movement and prevent damage to other boats.
- Owners of locked boats must supply a labelled key to the Facilities Secretary.
- A Club officer may move any boat for Club purposes, including maintenance of grounds, incorrect location, reallocation, access, safety, or prevention of damage.
- Use of the boat park is solely at the management committee’s discretion and may be cancelled at any time. Any decision of the management committee will be final and binding.